Sign up for Carey’s Newsletter and Donate to Research:
Sign up for Carey’s Newsletter or donate to his research group at The University of Texas at Austin:
Four presentations from speaking engagements this Spring 2018 (in chronological order):
- January 4, 2018: Systems Thinking Linking Energy and the Economy: Size, Growth, and Structure
- February 27, 2018: Energy and Food Costs and the Structure of the Economy
- London School of Economics
- March 4th-9th, 2018: Macroeconomic Modeling of Energy Transitions (Accounting for Money and Energy)
- March 20th, 2018: Systems Thinking on the Modern Economy: Size and Structure
- 255th National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Click here for my abstract and here for a list of all speakers and abstracts
- Online video of December 2017 presentation on energy and economy:
- New journal paper on the “Net energy of China”
- Feng, Jingxuan, Feng, Lianyong, Wang, Jianliang, and King, Carey W. Modeling the Point of Use EROI and Its Implications for Economic Growth in China, Energy, 2018, 144, 232-242: online link.
- Crowdfunding success: Visiting Scholar from India
- My latest article in Earth Magazine, why we need better macroeconomic models
- Summer academic debate over 100% Renewable Energy Future: Mark Jacobson versus 21 academics
- Crowdfunding to match a generous donor’s pledge 1-for-1
- New journal paper on transmission and distribution cost trends (free journal paper download)
- a podcast on energy in the economy,
- UT Austin Energy Institute’s Full Cost of Cost of Electricity Study. was launched (and see new journal paper and online calculators comparing the cost of power generation)!
- an op-ed on the Dakota Access pipeline as a “power struggle”
- My latest journal publication (on the economy and the food, energy, water nexus) is now in print and free to view online (link here): King, Carey W. Information Theory to Assess Relations Between Energy and Structure of the U.S. Economy Over Time. Biophysical Economics and Resource Quality, 2016, 1 (2), 10. doi: 10.1007/s41247-016-0011-y.
- Webpage for the project I’ve been working on for the last 3 years, focused on Brazil: CLIMA – Land Water Energy (or http://clima.org.br/en/). This link describes the purpose and goals of the project (to understand how water and climate change might affect Brazil’s economy and agriculture sectors).
- My blog comments on a recent article entitled “Energy Giant Shell Says Oil Demand Could Peak in Just Five Years“.